Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sew and Tell Friday, Oops! Saturday!

Ok So I'm late for this week's sew and tell, Sorry.
I've had a lot of personal stuffs going on over the past week and didn't have a lot of time for sewing or crafting. I did manage to get a few simples done..

For my Kitchen:



And I know these aren't sewing exactly (although the pincushion had some hand sewing)
but they do involve fabric!
First is a little pincushion I whipped up using a thrifted egg cup. There will be a Tute for this one soon!


and second, My first (since grade school lol) decoupage project.
What I should have thought of before proceding? That I was putting the light colored fabric onto a BLACK base! I really wish I'd have put a white paper base down before the fabric. But I bet I think of it next time!!

Also for my kitchen:




the 2 kitchen projects together (don't mind the clashing walls, I plan on redoing the kitchen sometime in 2010, and I'm getting a jump start on accessories!)


BTB, I'm linking up to AmyLouWho's Blog for sew n tell, Be sure to check out the other great sewing and quilting enthusiasts!

14 comments:

Nina... said...

Your dish towels are to die for!! I am a dish towel fanatic! I plan to feature some in my shop. Very cute!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

So cute! Love your kitchen towels.

Our Busy Little Bunch said...

great teatowels! I hope to get around to some kitchen projects once I'm done with all the kids projects some day :)

Diane said...

Dish towels are cute and I love that pin cushion!

QuiltyBee said...

I think all the accessories will look great together. Nice way to dress up the burner covers.

Lesly said...

Love those kitchen towels! Great finish - thanks for sharing!

ivoryspring said...

Very creative - the pincushion is cute

Leslie said...

these are so adorable...great job

Kristen said...

Aqua, red, polka dots, cherries... How can anyone not love this!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Cherries are such a happy little fruit! I bet these make you happy to be in the kitchen, good luck with the remodel.

Mod Podge Amy said...

Yay! SO cute!!

Michelle said...

Thank you everyone! It really does make me smile whenever I look at them :)

Rene' said...

Love the kitchen towels and definitely love the pin cushion. Too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Jackman Clan said...

Cute pincushion!