Monday, February 21, 2011

I heart Olive Rue and How about a tutorial?

Last week I was able to take advantage of OliveRue's Valentines Sale, but it was so hard to choose what to get, I LOVE her images, and they are so versatile!

While I have a lot of projects lined up and some even started for many of the sale designs, I'd like to share what must be a particular favorite of mine..(after all, I bought it a few days before the sale..and then again AT the sale! LOL No worries though, Crystal is Fantabulous and a quick email about this and one other duplicate purchase and she swapped them out in no time flat :)) her Bon Appetit image.


Last night I was in the mood to do some playing sewing and remembered a package of flour sack towels I'd bought at walmart previously. I wish I could say I'd thought to snap a comeplete before picture, but I'm a bad blogger and didn't. They aren't hard to find, they are with the kitchen towels and come in a 5 pack for $5.47.
So anyhow, these towels are HUGE! They come in at approximately 29" x 30".
Which is a bit too large for my purposes. So with a bit of a snip from my scissors and a tiny bit of humming from my machine I ended up with these:



Today I'm going to share how I made the Second one, Stay tuned for the pattern for the 3rd towel to for sale in my shop soon! :).

No comments: