Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thrifting haul and a challenge

So here I am again..and I've been noticing a trend of mostly shopping posts here lately..I need to fix that..really.

Today Mom had an appointment downtown so I planned a quick (NOT! LOL) stop in at the thrift store.

With a little help from my absolutely wonderful husband I was able to whittle a cart FULL of things I didn't need down to this plus a few articles of clothing:

My only regretted non purchase was a mirror/picture frame with knobs..and I might go back for it.

Grand total was $35. In addition to what you see in the picture, there was a pair of Sonoma jeans for minion 2, and 3 shirts for me. More on one of the shirts later.

I have achievable plans for everything here.

The arm chair tray will get a coat of paint to match my tray and be of use during family movie night, or when I'm stitching.

The airplane picture frame will go into Minion 3's room..it's metal and the propellers actually spin..So cool!

I go through so much stitch witchery that it isn't funny, so I will put it to good use and the tiny package is actually a pair of joints for a jointed monkey I plan to make soon.

The spindles and finial are for wreath hangers.

These metal containers seem to have been made for herbs (there were originally from world market and marked at $3.00 a piece, I scored these babies for $0.90 each!!) But I will use them for glitters and beads.


And the glass globe was originally for a porch light or similar, but I have an idea for it that I will share with you after the weekend.

I love the pebble like texture of the globe.

And this wasn't part of the thrifting haul, but it didn't arrive until today, Hubby knows just exactly what to give a shopper for any occasion...Guilt free shopping!

With my Valentines mad money (Thank you again Honey! SMOOOOCH!) I/Bill got me this really cool vintage magazine rack..Which will of course get a nice new coat of....., Well, I haven't decided that yet lol!

It's double sided, and the plan is to keep my Country Living magazines (from the new subscription that I/Bill also got me for Valentines) and softcover crafting/needlework books close at hand and showcased here.

Love it :)

And now for the challenge..and one of my new to me shirts.

Over the past many years I've been really losing my battle with the scales. I could give many, many, reasons and excuses for this, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that I need to lose weight.

I will never be "skinny", I will never be like many of the young little petite bloggers that I follow, nor would I want to. I am too big. I'm 5' 6.5" tall, and even right after Highschool when I *wasn't* overweight, I couldn't wear the same clothes as the rest of the girls, my frame is just too large. I couldn't (and still can't...now I'm allergic LOL) even wear bracelets, watches or anklets without special ordering them.

And I'm ok with that, this isn't about trying to look like a fashion model, this is about becoming healthy, this is about elongating my life expectancy so that I may (with grace and luck) live a long life full of *doing* and not just being.

So today I bought this new to me shirt. 2 sizes smaller than I am now.

(I do have to say that, I heart this shirt, it is totally "me" as even hubby will agree, and I cannot wait to wear it!)

The challenge?


To lose enough weight and tone enough muscle to wear this shirt before the first frost of next winter by making healthier food choices and excercising..lots and lots of excercising. Anyone up to joining me?

The shirt will hang there on my wall (where everyone coming over will see) every day from today until I am able to wear it. It hangs directly in front of my cardio glide, which, unfortunately, I haven't used consistantly in years.

I know that using this machine works..I've had success with it and NOT watched what I ate. So I will be using it to ease back in and strengthen some muscles before going on to more jarring (3 herniated discs...) and strenuous excercises (like jogging).


Once I find one I will be adding a weight countdown to mark my progress, and plan to post weekly updates of my meal journal in order to create some accountability.


But for tonight, my last night of indulgence, I'm going to have Nachos, smothered in meat, cheese and sour cream..they will be the last I get to have until I'm at my first goal of 15lbs off!


Later!

M

1 comment:

Tapping Solution DVD said...

Those are very lovely and great finds!